Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Zumba....aka Shake What Your Mamma Gave You or.....

... in my case shake what the pre-mixed margaritas at Costco gave me!  In my not-so-new life of unemployment I am now embracing things that I would never have done in the past... Pedi-Egg or Yoga Toes anyone, or perhaps a Neti pot....or in this case it was a Zumba class for me.  How bad could it be?

Well... let me tell you.... I had a blast looking like an uncoordinated idiot.  The instructor started the class by saying "if you don't get the steps just keep moving".  I remember thinking... I have been working out I can keep moving.

OMG..... the little old lady in front of me did kicked my butt.  It seems us Zumba-newbies stick to the back of the class which is fantastic for camouflage but not so good for seeing the instructor's moves.  As we floundered our way through class my fellow newbies and me definitely got a great workout and never stopped smiling and laughing.... can't say that for my 5:15am workout class.

The best was when the instructor divided the class in half to have a dance off.... are you kidding?  I thought they only did that in the movies.... but sure enough people of all shapes and sizes were shaking what their mammas (or Costco margaritas) gave them and not giving a crap what other people thought about them.  Me on the other hand.... I was born with no musicality or ability to look cool while attempting to dance so I just swayed Costco's gift to me.

Unemployment has taught me to enjoy the little things and laugh more (primarily at myself).... you only get one ride so you might as well be happy.... now that sounded profound didn't it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment