Thursday, March 17, 2011

195? Seriously?

As luck would have it on this St. Patrick's Day, my friends at the outplacement service have found my pot of gold.  They have sent me a list of 195 search firms for me to cold call/cold email.  Since they are always thinking of ways to make job searching easier they also wrote the most compelling intro letter that will guarantee call backs from each and every firm.... OK perhaps I have been tipping back the green beer a little early today and am a wee bit delusional.


Since I love to share my misfortune of working with this inept company I have pasted the letter below.

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am interested in appropriate positions with your client companies.

I have demonstrated expertise and broad experience in research and development, project management and strategic planning.  In addition, I have skills in building innovative business partnerships and interpreting and translating complex initiatives for day-to-day applications.  I have been highly successful in utilizing these skills and my experience to help organizations reach their financial goals.

I look forward to discussing how my qualifications could make me an immediate asset to one of your client companies.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

The Fortuitous Haus Frau

Would you call me?  I wouldn't and I know how spectacular I am.  In all fairness I must say I don't even understand what this letter says I can do.... I think that may be a problem.

Not sure what I am going to do with the list of 195...any suggestions?  To top off my week, my career coach has been hounding me to speak with her on the phone.  I politely told her by email that I am working diligently on all of the wonderful leads they provided for me and that I do not have anything new to share but I guess she doesn't know how to take a hint.  She is a sneaky one though and tried to outsmart this cat by calling me on my home phone...... all I can say is that I am so thankful that during our slash and burn financial budgeting we did a couple of weeks ago, we kept caller ID!  That's one for the little unemployed guys!!

On the bright side, March Madness starts today!  Go Heels!!


No comments:

Post a Comment