Thursday, March 31, 2011

Duh..... WINNING!

As my previous co-workers hauled themselves on cramped planes for the bi-annual meeting of the Big Obnoxious Food Company this week, I came across this interesting study....."Workers in Bad Jobs Have Worse Wellbeing than Jobless".

Is it possible that the Big Obnoxious Food Company actually did something good for me..... you betcha!

That's right folks... those of us that are unemployed reported they are more well-rested (well who wouldn't be since there is no reason to get up in the morning), smiled or laughed a lot (sure beats crying on your way to work every day), learned something interesting (like blogging), and experienced more enjoyment than those who are actively disengaged ... which I am guessing is quite a few people.  I do have to note that engaged workers (aka the Kool Aid drinkers) were better at everything but I chalk that up to being under-the-influence.

So I want to take this opportunity to thank the Academy and the Big Obnoxious Food Company for giving me the opportunity to enjoy the simple pleasures in life like watching the tulips grow, listening to the birds sing, and how to scrimp and save like no body's business..... it is truly a life-changing experience.

A shout-out to my friends that endured the week in the secluded hotel listening to the same speeches we have listened to so many times in the past... hopefully you were in the boat that was facing in the right direction and your personalities were colored correctly.  While I did miss seeing you guys I must admit sitting here watching my 6 and 1 year olds clean the front door is a lot more fun :)

So to quote a truly inspirational and insightful leader of our current time...... WINNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment