Friday, April 8, 2011

Top Ten Things About Unemployment

On the day that my severance ends, I took some time today to reflect on what the last 8 weeks have been like and have written a Top 10 list of all the reasons why being unemployed is so much better than working for the big obnoxious food company.

10.  Having the expert outplacement service tell me that I am a match to a sales manager position at Turtle Wax... where else can I get this entertainment for free?

9.  I can shower in the afternoon or not at all.

8.  I now have a elastic-waisted pants for all seasons.

7.  I no longer dread Sunday nights and Monday mornings... all days are good again.

6.  My longest commute is to my daughter's school and it takes 20 minutes round trip.

5.  Watching Elmo sing the ABCs with India Arie over and over again in the middle of the afternoon... (it is a much better version than the one I grew up with).

4. I can hit the snooze button as many times in the morning that I want... I no longer rush to get ready.

3. Impromptu dance parties with my 1 year old at 11:30 in the morning.

2. My husband told me that our house has been a lot happier since "The Talk".

1.  I don't have drink Diet Coke in a closet anymore!

So I am going to tip back a glass tonight, sleep soundly, and see what the future holds.... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment